111CARE Community Services
We focus to support and strengthen the community
Why Community Participation is important?
Here at 111CARE, we recognise the importance of community participation NDIS services, as it helps to bring a greater sense of independence and inclusion for the individuals that we provide care for. As the NDIS states, it’s important to address the lower levels of community participation amongst people with disability, as it can lead to improved well-being and lessen the amount of long-term care and costs associated with it. Our community disability services focus on you – your goals and interests.
Social and recreational activities are part of life. These can help the participant to meet new people and improve their social skills. These activities can include things such as:
- Playing sports such table tennis, surfing, basketball, footy.
- Hobbies such as bike riding, dance classes, swimming.
- going of shopping or visiting public places
- Yoga, exercises, meditation.
- new skills, dance classes, art and painting, cooking classes
- Group and Centre based activities
How 111CARE can help you?
Our support workers are dedicated and understanding, and you will be paired with someone you feel comfortable and safe being around. Your support worker will be able to connect you with local organisations, so that you can participate in a variety of activities that you are interested in.
Our support workers understand that you may feel worried about the prospect of stepping out of your comfort zone and joining in with community events, so they make the process simple and streamlined and create a safe environment for you to enter into. If you have been struggling with joining in because you physically are unable to do so, your support worker will assist you by obtaining the necessary equipment or transport.
Our support workers will give you access to:
- Training and Education
- Recreation and Sports
- Arts and Crafts
- Social Support
- Personal Development Skills
- Preparation for Employment
- Transport, Assisted Travel and Travel Aids
- Support Coordination – connecting you with compatible providers in your area to support your needs and achieve your plan outcomes.
- Additional Services – such as home-care and therapy.
111care acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples of this nation. We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the lands on which our company is located and where we conduct our business. We pay our respects to ancestors and Elders, past, present and emerging. 111care is committed to honouring Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are unique cultural and spiritual relationships to the land, waters and seas and their rich contribution to society.